Content provided by Glenn Nice, University of Wisconsin-Madison
The University of Wisconsin-Extension will be hosting a Spot Spray Technologies Extension Zoom Webinar on Wednesday, September 6 from noon to 2 p.m. CT. It will address the use of novel technologies with real-time camera-based weed detection systems for site-specific weed management (aka spot spraying) such as the Blue River Technology John Deere See & Spray Ultimate, One Smart Spray (Bosch-BASF joint venture), and the Greeneye technology. Each technology accounts for spatial variation in weed density by spraying foliar herbicides only on areas with weed infestation (“green-on-brown” for burndown PRE-emergence applications and “green-on-green” for foliar POST-emergence applications).
The goal is to generate awareness and address agricultural stakeholder questions regarding these novel technologies. This FREE technical webinar is being organized by Rodrigo Werle and Glenn Nice, University of Wisconsin-Madison; Chris Proctor, University of Nebraska-Lincoln; and Anita Dille, Kansas State University as part of a research and education grant funded by the National Corn Growers Association and the North Central Soybean Research Program. All are welcome to register and attend this event!
- Rodrigo Werle, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Welcome to our Extension Webinar and Stakeholder Perception on Targeted Spraying Technologies: Survey Results
- William Patzoldt, Blue River Technology John Deere, See & Spray™ Ultimate – A New Tool for Weed Management
- Matt Leininger, One Smart Spray, The ONE Integrated Reliable Solution for Smart Weed Control
- Nadav Bocher, Greeneye Technology, Precision spraying – How to Maximize Savings and Efficacy Through an Aftermarket Approach
- Tom Wolf, Agrimetrix Research & Training and Sprayers 101, What Does Spot Spray Success Look Like?