- Applicant must be an NCGA member or the child of an NCGA member.
- Employees and the families of employees of NCGA or any division of BASF or their subsidiaries are not eligible for the scholarship.
- A completed application must be submitted by January 31, 2024, by 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Scholarships are for one year. Previous recipients may not apply.
The William C. Berg Academic Excellence Undergraduate Scholarship is supported in partnership with BASF. During the Fall 2024 semester, five $1,500 scholarships will be awarded to undergraduate students pursuing a degree in any field.
Please click the button below to apply for the NCGA William C. Berg Academic Excellence Scholarship for the Fall 2024 semester. Below are the specific requirements for the NCGA William C. Berg Academic Excellence Scholarship:
- A completed online application
- Current resume
- Current transcript
- One letter of recommendation
- The letter must be from a non-family member and should be from a faculty member, staff member of your educational institution, or mentor.
- One completed Essay Question:
- What are three significant challenges facing agriculture today? How would you address these challenges? (500 words)
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship program or the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
With a rapidly growing population, the world is increasingly dependent on farmers’ ability to develop and maintain sustainable agriculture and healthy environments. Working with farmers, agricultural professionals, pest management experts and others, BASF helps make this possible. That’s why they invest in a strong R&D pipeline and broad portfolio, including seeds and traits, chemical and biological crop protection, soil management, plant health, pest control and digital farming. With expert teams in the lab, field, office and in production, BASF connects innovative thinking and down-to-earth action to create real world ideas that work – for farmers, society and the planet. For more information, please visit https://agriculture.basf.us/ or any of BASF’s social media channels.
About William C. Berg
The NCGA-BASF college scholarship program is named in honor of Ohio farmer William C. Berg. A retired postal worker and farmer for more than 40 years, Bill served in various positions for both the Ohio Corn and Wheat Growers Association and the National Corn Growers Association. He tirelessly carried the agriculture message to Washington, DC year after year, where he sat face-to-face with congressmen and senators to lobby for sound agriculture policy on behalf of his fellow farmers. Bill passed away unexpectedly in 2012 and NCGA and Ohio Corn wished to honor his legacy. Program recipients can be proud to receive a scholarship honoring this staunch supporter of modern American agriculture.