2016 National Corn Yield Contest
Online Harvest coming first week of August!
Grower entry here
Sales reps entry here
Row/Row length verification worksheet download here
Seed companies that pay Membership and Entry Fee(s) for their hybrids entered in the yield contest:
AgriGold, Channel, DEKALB, Dyna-Gro Seeds, FS InVISION, Pioneer, Producers Hybrids, and Seed Consultants
Early Entry Deadline: Thursday, June 30, 2016
Entry Deadline: Friday, July 29, 2016
2016 NCYC Rule Changes
- Multiple entries: Use COPY option in the online system to duplicate an entry to avoid having to re-enter the same information for multiple fields. All copied information must be reviewed for accuracy. The following questions will not carry over from one entry to the next and must be filled out to submit the entry:
- Hybrid Brand
- Hybrid Number
- Date Planted
- Sales reps who created a login in 2015 will be able to access the history of who they entered last year, allowing them easy access to complete the growers’ NCYC entry form.
- Membership numbers cannot be searched for online. Please call NCGA 636-733-9004
- Entry forms must be submitted to NCGA through the online entry form two weeks prior to the plot being harvested.
- Supervisor signature approval validating the row lengths must be uploaded and attached online to the harvest form along with the signed weigh ticket.
- The questions regarding non-contest acres has been removed from the harvest form and has been replaced with: Are the contest plot input volumes representative of the non-contest acres planted.
- If a recheck is required, the recheck questions will appear immediately after the initial check information is completed. If a recheck is not performed and completed, the harvest form will not submit.
- National Winners, as listed on the winning entry, are encouraged to accept their award and recognition in person during the NCGA NCYC Banquet during Commodity Classic. The only person who may accept the award in lieu of the actual winner is the designated representative of the seed company associated with that entry.
Entries with an Asterisk (*): National Corn Yield Contest rules state that each individual membership is eligible to win only one national and one state trophy in the contest. If an entrant enters two or more hybrids and all place as a winner or runner-up, a trophy will be awarded only for the highest ranked (not necessarily highest yield) hybrid. We use the asterisk (*) to indicate that there is an entry under the same membership number that has placed higher and been awarded a trophy, which in turn knocks out the asterisked entries from being awarded a trophy.
For nearly a half century, NCGA’s National Corn Yield Contest has provided corn growers the opportunity to compete with their colleagues to grow the most corn per acre, helping feed and fuel the world. This has given participants not only the recognition they deserved, but the opportunity to learn from their peers.
Winners receive national recognition in publications such as the NCYC Corn Yield Guide, as well as cash trips or other awards from participating sponsoring seed, chemical and crop protection companies. In San Antonio, Texas, during the 2014 Commodity Classic, state winners will be recognized at the NCYC Breakfast and national winners will receive awards at the Awards Banquet.
For questions contact NCYC@ncga.com
2015 National Corn Yield Contest Results
Click here for National Winners
Click here for State Winners
Click here for All Contestants
Click here for the digital edition of the Corn Yield Contest Guide.
Click image for the 2014 National Corn Yield Contest Guide (PDF)
Click image for the 2013 National Corn Yield Contest Guide (PDF)
Click image for the 2012 National Corn Yield Contest Guide