(Posted Wed. Nov 15th, 2017)
With only a bit more than two weeks remaining, the National Corn Growers Association reminds farmers to submit their harvest forms for the 2017 National Corn Yield Contest by Friday, December 1, at 4:30 p.m. CST. These forms are available online for those who entered the contest. Please do remember though, entrants are asked to report within two weeks of their final yield check or by Dec. 1, whichever comes first.
The online harvest form is available to both farmers, seed representatives and supervisors completing on behalf of farmers using the same login process as the initial entry form. Login does require submission of the entrant’s NCGA membership number. To complete the form, entrants will upload weigh tickets and a yield calculations worksheet that details the number of rows harvested and length of each pass.
To helps those who have yet to submit, NCGA offers these useful tips:
- Harvest forms are accessed by logging in with your NCGA member number and zip code http://www.ncga.com/for-farmers/national-corn-yield-contest/ncyc-resources.
- Harvest forms must be completed no later than 14 days after harvest date, or before Dec 1, 2017, whichever is the earlier date.
- If harvest forms are submitted past the 14-day deadline, they will not be accepted.
- Supervisors must sign BOTH the yield worksheet and the weigh ticket, and BOTH then need to be uploaded and attached to the entry online. Harvest of 289.999 and below requires one supervisor. Any harvest 290.0000 or greater requires a recheck by TWO supervisors in attendance and BOTH must sign all tickets.
- Connect with supervisors in plenty of time to coordinate their schedule with your harvest date.
- Have backup supervisors ready in the event the original supervisor choices are not available.
- Access the supervisor database by logging in to the entry. In the ‘Add Supervisor’ section, search by either name, zip code or county, etc.
- This year a tutorial video is available online.
- If any questions remain, please contact 636-733-9004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For half of a century, NCGA’s National Corn Yield Contest has provided corn growers the opportunity to compete with their colleagues to grow the most corn per acre, helping feed and fuel the world. This has given participants not only the recognition they deserved, but the opportunity to learn from their peers.
Winners receive national recognition in publications such as the NCYC Corn Yield Guide, as well as cash trips or other awards from participating sponsoring seed, chemical and crop protection companies. The winners will be honored during Commodity Classic 2018 in Anaheim, Calif.
For access to contest information and a detailed list of the entry and harvest rules, click here.