(Posted Wed. Jun 11th, 2014)
The National Corn Growers Association is now seeking well-qualified candidates for the position of Chief Executive Officer. Reporting to the Corn Board, the NCGA CEO will have an opportunity to lead the organization, enable its members to continue being a highly respected voice in Washington, D.C., and internationally, and represent NCGA on all issues surrounding the safe, sustainable, and economic production of corn.
Founded in 1957, the National Corn Growers Association represents more than 40,000 dues-paying corn farmers nationwide and the interests of more than 300,000 growers who contribute through corn checkoff programs in their states. NCGA and its 48 affiliated state associations and checkoff organizations work together to create and increase opportunities for their members and their industry.
Working closely with the Corn Board and NCGA’s Officer Team, the CEO will:
Provide and facilitate visionary and high integrity leadership for the organization.
- Organize, facilitate, and lead the development and implementation of NCGA’s strategies, programs, and policy and priority development efforts.
- Ensure that effective public relations and communications programs enhance public acceptance of the corn industry and NCGA.
- Build on the relationships with the federation of state corn grower associations. Strengthen relationships with other stakeholder associations, industry partners, government policymakers, and public service organizations.
- Oversee the financial and administrative management of NCGA, including its St. Louis headquarters and Washington, DC offices.
- Recruit, develop, and lead senior NCGA staff.
NCGA seeks a results-oriented, dynamic, and innovative leader with experience and demonstrated success in managing staff and capable of developing and implementing programs and agricultural public policy that will enhance NCGA’s efforts at a national level. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with excellent implementation skills, a superior communicator, and an inclusive leader with a solid understanding of the agricultural value chain.
More information on the role and desired candidate profile can be found on the Careers page at NCGA.com.
NCGA has retained Kincannon & Reed to manage the CEO recruitment process. For confidential consideration as a candidate or to suggest a prospective candidate, please contact Crystal Strauss at Kincannon & Reed at (817) 567-3115 and/or submit information to email@example.com.
NCGA is an equal opportunity employer.