- This position reports to the Vice President of Public Policy. The job entails the following duties:
- Lobbying the Congress, the Administration and various departments and agencies.
- Policy lead on transportation.
- Cooperate with NCGA Market Development staff on policy and regulatory issues pertaining to new uses for corn.
- Coalition building and participation beneficial to the corn industry and NCGA policy, specifically concerning Research.
- Support staff for NCGA Risk Management and Transportation Action Team
- Keeping Action Team members, Corn Board members, officers and staff informed of developments regarding issues and NCGA efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work in competitive team setting
- Ability to work with constantly changing priorities and under challenging timelines
- Ability to manage activities of grower members and leaders
- Able to work independently and make educated decisions
- Organized, detail oriented and good at time management
- Experience in dealing with media
- Must maintain confidentiality
- Basic understanding of agriculture
- Willing to travel 8 to 10 times per year
- A Bachelor’s degree with 3 years experience, OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
This position is based in the NCGA Washington DC office. Full benefits and competitive compensation package.
NCGA is an equal-opportunity employer.
The National Corn Growers Association is committed to cultivating a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
View the full description and apply here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/2047326