(Posted Mon. Oct 1st, 2012)
Oct. 1: Along with welcoming a new Corn Board, the National Corn Growers Association also has updated its action team and committee roster for the 2013 Fiscal Year, which begins today. These new chairs and vice chairs will guide the members of their teams and committees as they actively shape the future of their industry by developing the policies and priorities which will guide NCGA.
“We’ve got a terrific group of grower volunteers that are so willing to dedicate a lot of time to help move our organization forward and serve our industry, our corn grower members and our checkoff contributors,” said NCGA President Pam Johnson. “As usual, we had more volunteers than we did positions to fill, and I appreciate each grower who stepped up and offered to serve. This next year promises to be challenging and exciting, with so many important issues lying before our various teams and committees.”
Leadership for NCGA’s six major teams and committees are:
- Production and Stewardship Action Team: Dean Taylor, chairman; Don Glenn, vice chairman; Keith Alverson, board liaison.
- Public Policy Action Team: Jim Reed, chairman; Curt Friesen, vice chairman; Anthony Bush, board liaison.
- Ethanol Committee: Chad Willis, chairman; Paul Taylor, vice chairman; Chip Bowling, board liaison.
- Research and Business Development Action Team: DeVonna Zeug, chair; Gary Lamie, vice chairman; Bob Bowman, board liaison.
- Grower Services Action Team: Brandon Hunnicutt, chairman; Tom Haag, vice chairman; Don Elsbernd, board liaison.
- Trade Policy and Biotechnology Action Team: Jim Zimmerman, chairman; Roger Zylstra, vice chairman; Lynn Chrisp, board liaison.
The action teams and committees will have their first set of meetings in St. Louis in December.