(Posted Tue. Apr 14th, 2015)
The National Corn Growers Association is seeking applications from members interested in working on an NCGA action team or committee in the 2016 fiscal year, which begins Oct. 1. This service provides growers an opportunity to play an active role in shaping the future of their industry and to become a part of the national agricultural leadership community.
“As a grassroots organization, NCGA relies on its members to step forward and take an active role in developing the policies that will lead our industry forward,” said NCGA First Vice President Rob Elliott. “We have opportunities this year in all of the areas the organization touches, thus allowing members to take their involvement to the next level while exploring in great depth the areas which interest them the most. I encourage those interested to apply prior to the August 14 deadline to ensure consideration.”
Positions are available on all teams and committees: CornPAC, Ethanol Committee, Grower Services Action Team, Production and Stewardship Action Team, Public Policy Action Team, Research and Business Development Action Team and Trade Policy and Biotechnology Action Team. Positions are also available on the Corn Board standing committees, which are the Bylaws Committee and Nominating Committee.
Qualified applicants must be a NCGA member or prospective member and/or contribute to their state checkoff program, if applicable. Ideal candidates have interest or expertise in a particular area relevant to the team focus.
Action teams and committees are composed of up to 14 voting members representing a cross-section of corn production. The teams may utilize staff, growers and industry members to serve as resources, as determined by the action team or committee chair.
Duties of the action teams and committees include:
- Conducting an annual planning process regarding the work and results of the team.
- Defining programs to be implemented by the action team and implementing them with evaluation measurement for each program.
- Seeking necessary information and expertise to advise the team.
- Advising the Corn Board on policy positions or requesting action of the Corn Board.
- Keeping the Corn Board informed of all obligations and contractual relationships entered into and seeking Corn Board approval for contracts or obligations that are out of the ordinary, such as those that are multi-year obligations.
- Working through the Corn Board on public policy actions or positions.
Action team and committee applications are available by . Deadline for receipt of applications in the state corn association offices, where applicable, is August 14. State offices will then coordinate applications and submit directly to NCGA by August 19. Interested parties can contact Kathy Baker at the NCGA office with questions, at (636) 733-9004. clicking here