Responsible for handling a diverse array of regulatory and public policy issues.
Vice President, Public Policy
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lobbying the Congress, the Administration and various departments and agencies.
- Coalition building and participation beneficial to the corn industry and NCGA policy, specifically concerning Research.
- Keeping Action Team members, Corn Board members, officers and staff informed of developments regarding issues and NCGA efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work in a competitive team setting
- Ability to work with constantly changing priorities and under challenging timelines
- Ability to manage activities of grower members and leaders
- Able to work independently and make educated decisions
- Organized, detail oriented and good at time management
- Experience in dealing with media
- Must maintain confidentiality
- Basic understanding of agriculture
- Willing to travel 8 to 10 times per year
- A Bachelor’s degree with 3 years’ experience, OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to HR@ncga.com by October 19, 2018.