Summary: The Director of Renewable Fuels will be responsible for providing strategic support of market demand-building programs at the National Corn Growers Association (NCGA). The director will create, track & manage all programs & staff overseeing the use of corn as a feedstock for production of renewable fuels.
Reports to: Vice President, Market Development
Location: St. Louis
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the annual development and execution of strategic plans to help fulfill NCGA’s ethanol goals and objectives.
- Lead staff for the Ethanol Action Team (ETHAT). Manages grower communications, agenda development, securing appropriate speakers, evaluating projects and budget reporting.
- Works with and responds to national and state corn grower association and promotion board regarding renewable fuels requests providing accurate, fact-based collateral materials (data tables, summaries, slides, online research, etc.) and providing expert advice and guidance.
- Develops and monitors budgets for areas of responsibility and seeks outside funding resources to leverage checkoff dollars, as appropriate.
- Liaise with the renewable energy industry and affiliated trade groups – such as Ag Auto Ethanol Coalition, American Coalition for Ethanol, Growth Energy, Prime the Pump, Renewable Fuels Association – in conjunction with the Director of Public Policy.
- Manages ethanol projects such as determining the environmental benefits of biofuels, overseeing work regarding changes in engine design and the use of higher blends of ethanol, and raising ethanol awareness among consumer audiences.
- Coordinates with public policy staff on ethanol, energy, and other policy issues as they relate to corn demand.
- Manages one direct-report (Manager, Renewable Fuels).
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge/experience in wholesale fuel marketing, retail consumer marketing, automotive engine/emissions design, renewable fuels, energy policy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Ability to plan, organize, direct, & lead projects as well as ability to work effectively as a team member
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent projects
- Ability to travel domestically (30%-40%)
- 1-2 years management experience
Minimum 5 years experience in fast-paced business environment AND
- Master’s Degree in renewable energy management, business administration, agriculture OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides required knowledge and skills.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to HR@ncga.com by Dec. 15th.